A note on fish ponds:
Fish pond projects benefit communities in the following ways:
- Reduce the incidents of malnutrition, which is particularly debilitating to growing children.
- Provide a sustainable means of income by growing and selling fish.
- Provide a model to be replicated by other villagers along the Pangani river basin.
- Provide small fish (seeds) to other villages
- Act as a center of learning for those who wish to raise fish.
- Improve child nutrition through the supply of protein and minerals
- Improve the health of women.
Digging Fish Pond
Finished Fish Pond